The system I’ve been working on for almost a year went live this weekend. Hooray!
We had a few changes to make on Monday, which we turned around within the day, and since then (touch wood) no show-stoppers. The changes have mainly been to do with discovering effects on downstream systems that we haven’t been able to spend enough time with. The really hard part about Enterprise Systems is finding the _end_ in “end-to-end”.
We had to shed some ballast to make the date, but it works, is sufficient, is covered by unit and FIT tests, and we’re already working on enhancements. We got there without last-minute crises or desperate hacking.
Perhaps this XP stuff can get a bit dull sometimes…